Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Spirited

God has done it again in my life. Since my last post, I am a new person. Let me share with you.

Something God put on my heart since being here is how to live a spirit-filled life. People tend to either try to do everything relying 100% on themselves or 100% God. There are dangers to both of those. It's only when you let God help you 100% and you give 100% that things work in harmony. I am unfortunately one of those people that rely all on myself. That only leads to being so worn out and feeling like a failure.

Ephesians 2:6 says "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus". What does this have to do with learning to live in the Spirit's power? Back in the Biblical days, a king wouldn't sit until the battle was won. God seats us with him because our battle has already been won. Learning this from a friend struck deep with me. Why do I try to rely on my own power when my battles have already been won? This realization altered my view of life. Since that moment, I've been learning to rely on the Spirit's power to win my battles. One of the staff here said it this way - God has made no provision for you to live the Christian life - only for Jesus to live His life through you as you moment-by-moment surrender to the Spirit. Part of this has involved prayers to surrender my time and my social life to the Lord. They have become idols in my life.

God answers prayers, and He has already answered mine. Surrendering my time to Him has lead to earlier bedtimes and wake up times which allow me more time in the Word and have more grace with people. I have never been so joyful than being this close to Jesus. Surrendering my social life has lead to me sharing my testimony and the gospel with my non-christian co-workers here in Ocean City. Some of them haven't responded. One girl, however, has started coming to our Cru events because of it. God is moving in so many peoples' lives here.

Prayers to continue surrendering to the Spirit would be greatly appreciated. So many powerful things come from it. Three high school boys on the boardwalk here heard the gospel and are considering receiving it because of the Spirit's boldness dwelling in me. It constantly amazes me. I challenge you to see how the Spirit can move in your life. Feel free to reach out to me if you need prayers!

Kels - Faithful Follower


1 comment: